Saturday, January 01, 2011

january theme day: photo of the year 2010



while looking back through 2010, the birth of my daughter stands alone as the moment that means the most to me.  this photo was taken the morning after her birth.  she is being held by her amazing mother, and a rainbow appears in the sky.  this photo never appeared on the blog, but i think it is a fitting choice for today's theme.

this may not be my most perfectly composed shot, nor my most artistic, but it is certainly my photo of the year.

happy new year!

Click here to view thumbnails for all participants

9 comments:

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

a powerful image indeed. thanks for sharing. Happy New Year's Day to you! Have a great day with family and friends.

Cafe Pasadena said...

I think u may have at least the Pasadena blogger foto of the 2010, BW!

Have a Happy EZ New Yr!

Pasadena Adjacent said...

That pretty much trumps them all. Happy New Year to you and yours Ben. Thanks for visiting me in the faraway "adjacents"

JustinM said...

Some pictures are worth much more than one thousand words.

Steve Scauzillo said...

Nice shot...I think it is a winner.

Michael Coppess said...

Wow. You've had some good ones, but I agree this is the best.

ben wideman said...

Thank you all so much. Happy New Year!

Petrea Burchard said...

Nothing could beat this one, Ben. Happy new year.

Gina said...

That's a perfect photo Ben and as a mother brings back wonderful memories of the days that my children were born. Thank you for sharing it with us. Happy New Year!