Wednesday, February 25, 2009

the final 100 meters


these are the top three finishers from the pasadena stage of the tour of california. can you guess who won? a hint: in cycling, drafting or following to cut down on wind resistance, is key. so the third rider - who happens to be rinaldo nocentini of team ag2r - ended up winning this stage because of his perfect positioning behind the lead cyclist.


speaking of cycling - in march I will be riding the solvang century. this isn't my first 100 mile ride, and I hope it will not be my last. however this particular ride is special. i am going to ride 100 miles to raise money toward world vision's bikes for africa project. to find out more, or to sponsor me, check out my fundraising website.

6 comments:

Amanda Mae said...

That's so great that you are doing the century!! My dad did that ride about 10 years ago... we went to cheer him on. It was so fun.

Laurie Allee said...

Oh, that's so cool, Ben. Jon rode Solvang 3 or 4 times. I'm off to check out your link right now...

Cafe Pasadena said...

My guess is that you must have been one of the leaders to take this picture!

Anonymous said...

I like the hat with the polka dots on it.

imodish

ben wideman said...

Amanda - we're really excited!

Laurie - Does Jon have any hints on the course?

Cafe - .... I'm not sure how many other ways there are to say that I wasn't in the race...

PA - those are actually air vents, not polka dots - but they do look that way.

Laurie Allee said...

Ben, I'll ask Jon!