Thursday, February 18, 2010

the cookie monster cupcake


i've been curious about polkatots cupcakes since i heard that they won some awards at an l.a. cupcake challenge. it took me a while to venture a few blocks down the street to sample their confectionary delights, but i was happy i did. as the title of this post suggests, i ordered their "cookie monster cupcake" - a delicious chocolate cupcake with cookies and cream frosting. kind of pricey at $3, but pretty delicious washed down with a tall glass of cold milk. check them out at the corner of lake and orange grove.

9 comments:

Cafe Observer said...

Btw, bw, the 2010 Cupcake challenge is this weekend in Hollywood! We'll see if they can bee repeat winners.

Don't care much for cupcakes so it's the only cupcake joint I like. Nearby is that new Hot dog place - 4got the name.

ben wideman said...

I didn't realize the next Cupcake Challenge was coming up! Thanks for the heads up.

The new hot dog place is called The Slaw Dogs - a place a dawg like you would enjoy I'm sure. I've got a picture of the outside, but I have yet to sample their food, so that post will have to be for a future occasion.

Kat said...

Interesting... I wonder who came first Dots Cupcakes (Arroyo Pkwy, just south of Houstons and also on North Fair Oaks) or Polkadots... Dots is my favorite, but now I'll have to check out these people. I feel like you already ruined my diet today though, with that cupcake picture!

ben wideman said...

Now lets be clear - polkaTots with a T.

Leif Hagen said...

Hey - that's not fair. You can't show us yummy cupcakes like that!
Delicious photo!

Gina said...

That is right around the corner from our house! I don't normally buy dessert (I love to bake), but I'll make an exception for this one.

Cafe Observer said...

I have sampled the Slaw Dog. Last week. It appears to be receiving a positive response. I plan to go back. And then stop by for a cupcake for dessert!

Petrea Burchard said...

I go by this corner all the time and I've never seen this. Even with your photo it doesn't look familiar. Is it tucked in off the street?

Cafe Pasadena said...

Slaw dogs fronts N. Lake, P. There's parking in the rear. As you drive N2 their lot you'll see Polkatots on your right.