Monday, May 16, 2011

museums of the arroyo: the gamble house



as part of the fabulously free event, museums of the arroyo, we headed over to the gamble house yesterday for a free tour.  the place was packed (as we expected), but we got a tour of the place - something we've been meaning to do since we moved to pasadena.

i've probably mentioned this before, but back to the future fans will recognize the exterior of this house as the home of doc.

sorry about the poor quality cell phone image for today.

4 comments:

Steve Scauzillo said...

Wow, you were right. That is a line. I went last year with my son (who is studying architecture). Great house, indeed.(Bummer they won't let you shoot indoors).

ben wideman said...

That actually made me feel a bit better about forgetting my camera.

Bellis said...

You did the right thing. I decided to go another day and pay rather than be there with the crowds. Trouble is, I keep forgetting to go!

I love seeing the house and garage in the BTTF movies, don't you?

Petrea Burchard said...

I don't know of another place like it. It's worth the $10. You won't be disappointed.