Saturday, December 20, 2008

photo request #15: can you shoot rain falling?


a few days ago altadena hiker asked if i could photograph the rain we've been experiencing here in town. this is my attempt - you may not be able to see the rain, but you can see that the parking lot is wet, and the precipitation is visible in the mountains. this is about as close as we get to having snow on the ground in pasadena. gem city images had a great photo of the snow tipped mountains the other day as seen from neighboring monrovia, and two other photos of this phenomenon appeared over at mixed meters and glimpses of south pasadena.

i really like seeing palm trees and snow in the same image. as usual, photo requests are always welcome!

8 comments:

Cafe Observer said...

XXXcellent photo, bw. I know this parking lot but I just can't find it in my mind this minute.

My request is if KB 2 shoot the snow in de local mtns.

This is good moving weather!

ben wideman said...

The parking lot is in front of the Vons at the corner of Orange Grove and Fair Oaks.

Not sure I understand your request - who is KB?

Anonymous said...

I guess that would be me, Ben. Thank you for the photo; I'm honored!

ben wideman said...

Ah! Makes so much more sense now.

Laurie Allee said...

THanks for the shout-out, B! I can't get enough of these snowy pics. I want KB's shots from up the hill, too...

Cafe Observer said...

Vons! XXXactly, Ben. I knew it was somewhere in my head.

LA, who is "B" ??

Sarah Jane said...

A great way to take a picture of rain falling is to take a picture of a pool.

Keith said...

Thanks for the mention Ben. I guess a few of us were drawn to the snow topped local mountains.