Monday, August 23, 2010

linden optometry


i know i've featured this building (with its funky pastel swirling patterns) on the blog at some point in the past, but looking through my archives (which now total well over 1000 posts!?!), i can't for the life of me find it.  i guess that is why you label things well!

....  ah ha!  i found it!  buried way back on a theme day that was almost one year ago.  is there something ironic about not being able to find a photograph that has to do with eyesight?

3 comments:

Petrea Burchard said...

I like this building, too. I featured it long ago and haven't done much research on it since, but here's the link:
http://pasadenadailyphoto.blogspot.com/2008/02/sight-for-sore-eyes.html
There's some info in the comments.

ben wideman said...

Of course, Petrea! How could I post this building not once, but twice, and not give you a shout out! After all, you were the one who pointed out the green swoopy details to me with that posting from way back when.

Petrea Burchard said...

Oh, you don't have to give me a shout out. I just thought the comments at my post were interesting. I found out somewhere that the turquoise swirly things are terra cotta, which just amazed me. I always think of terra cotta as sort of fragile.