Wednesday, December 01, 2010

december theme day: time



one of old town pasadena's newest sugar destinations is rocket fizz - a small chain of stores specializing in an incredible variety of soft drinks and candy.  like a kid in a candy store, i felt trapped in time as i browsed isles of nostalgic treats of my sugary childhood.

do you want to travel back to a simpler and sweeter time?  check them out on green street in old town.  as usual, the first of the month is theme day - many other members of the city daily photo family are working with the theme of time today.

Click here to view thumbnails for all participants

6 comments:

Kim said...

Okay, so I'm sure they had Nekko Wafers (spelling?), and those wax soda bottles, and red hots, sugar babies, sugar daddies, and a zillion other delights. Looks very fun. I hope they make a good go of business.
-Kim

Bellis said...

This reminds me of my daughter, whose ambition at age 7 was to run a sweetie shop. Maybe there's money in it after all.

Petrea Burchard said...

I love your take on the theme, Ben, and both photos are great.

Steve Scauzillo said...

Yeah, I go crazy in this place, too, Ben. Except I think I go further back in time than you do. (:

WicklessChelle said...

Hmm, the good old days of penny candy. What do they call in now 100 penny candy?

ben wideman said...

Ha ha - at least - 125 pennies for some items.