Thursday, September 25, 2008

the sky is big in pasadena turns one!


today marks one year of daily photo posts. i've been amazed that i ended up sticking with this idea for this long. there have been some ups and downs, some pictures that i'm really proud of, and some which i'm embarrased i decided to post them. people have shown me more support than i ever thought possible, and i've been introduced to a new kind of community.

thank you all for your support!

a few stats from the first 365 posts:

almost 12,000 visitors, and over 18,000 page views
photo postings from 4 different countries (usa, canada, mexico, morroco)
photo postings from at least 6 u.s. states (CA, NV, PA, VA, DE, MD)
visitors from 6 continents and countless countries
increase in visitors from the previous month's total in all but one month
starting with 144 visitors in October 2007 to the highest visitor count in July 2008 (1731)
46 friday neon posts
7 theme days
38 posts of pasadena sky

11 comments:

Laurie Allee said...

Congratulations, Ben!

This blog was the first CDP site I started following. I quickly discovered Petrea and the two of you gave me all the info I needed for my relocation to this part of town. By the time I started my own blog, I swear I felt like I knew the two of you!

Keep up the excellent work. Your lovely photos, kind heart, sense of humor and informative posts make the sky is big such a wonderful blog.

ben wideman said...

Thank you so much Laurie! The feeling is mutual.

Olivier said...

félicitation et joyeux anniversaire. Amusant d'avoir fait toutes ces statistiques. Bonne continuité
congratulations and happy birthday. Amusing to have made all this statistics. Good continuity

Cafe Observer said...

bw, congraulations!
It's a miracle u could do it.
I'll c u later - we'll celebrate!

ben wideman said...

Thanks Oliver and Cafe! It is a miracle. Glad you enjoyed the stats. It was fun to do.

Unknown said...

Congrats Ben!

pasadenapio said...

That's quite a fete! I'm a long way from my first.

Mister Earl said...

Congratulations, Ben. My blog is still in the womb!

Keith said...

Congratulations, Ben! Making it to a year is not easy. You deserve to celebrate!

Petrea Burchard said...

Congratulations, Ben! And many thanks for the inspiration you give.

ben wideman said...

thank you all for your continued support. I couldn't do this without you.