Thursday, November 12, 2009

the illusive taco truck


people who have grown up in taco truck country don't realize how good they have it. fantastic and lovingly prepared food delivered to your neighborhood at all hours of the day. while i've been scarfing tacos as rapidly as possible since arriving in california a few years ago, i just recently discovered the torta. this mexican sandwich was served from a truck parked at this laundromat the other night, so i decided to take the plunge. the following picture looks pretty messy, but it sure tasted great!


next up on my list of southern california cuisine is following petrea's lead in tracking down a tostiloco.

4 comments:

Joe said...

Ben,

I was hanging out with Jude the other night in the parking lot. I didn't see the truck there, but I'd love to try it sometime. Let me know the next time you go.

Joe

ben wideman said...

Too funny that you were hanging out with Jude late at night in a parking lot :)

When they are there seems to be somewhat random. I'll let you know the next time I go.

locho said...

did you ever do a post on the Kogi taco truck, Ben? - Lois

ben wideman said...

Sadly I did not! I need to do that some time.