Tuesday, April 13, 2010

singer park


day two of our tour of pasadena's city parks. a new day, a new park, and new mosaic tile signs. are we having fun yet? only 18 more to go!

from the city website:

"Singer Park is located at the corner of California Boulevard and St. John Avenue. Hours of operation are from 6:00 am to 10:00 pm. The size of the park is 2.9 acres. Small neighborhood park with open grass area containing many well-established trees and rose beds. Other facilities include: children’s play area; picnic tables; benches; restrooms and drinking fountain."




previous parks...

1. brookside park

5 comments:

Kat said...

Here's some history for you about this park, that isn't in the history books... My husband and I call this "marry me park." When he first asked me to marry him, and I said yes, we didn't have a ring. So months later, we got a ring and he decided to make it more official...on one knee and everything. Hence the secret name of this park. I thought about, as a joke saying "no" -- but then we'd probably have a different name for the park. Like..."you're a jerk park," or something like that. So, it's still "marry me park" with some great memories.

ben wideman said...

Kat, that is awesome, and makes this whole park project worthwhile!

Thanks for sharing.

Petrea Burchard said...

What a great story, Kat.

Ben, your photos of these signs make me look at them more closely than I ever have. This is a great project.

Bellis said...

I drive by this park sign most days, and am always enthralled by it. I wonder if the children from nearby Sequoyah school painted the tiles?

ben wideman said...

great question - I really like the night and day theme.