Sunday, December 27, 2009

christmas in holmes county


meredith and i traveled to visit family in holmes county, ohio for a few days this past week. we spent time with my grandparents and family on my mom's side of the family. we had a great time exploring walnut creek where my grandparents currently reside. as you can see from the above photo, this rural farming community is somewhat different than pasadena.


a week filled with plenty of good food, family, and fun. the above photo is from our christmas dinner that we enjoyed at an amish homestead.

5 comments:

Cafe Pasadena said...

A great one!

Petrea Burchard said...

I think the sky is bigger in Holmes county. Man, that's beautiful.

Desiree said...

Good grief, this is gorgeous!

ben wideman said...

I'm going to assume you all are referring to my gorgeous family :)

Glad you like the picture!

Tash said...

The 1st photo IS picture perfect. wonderful place and a wonderful photo to show it off.
I like all the smiling faces and the many generations ... & the hanging souvenir plates.