Wednesday, June 23, 2010

baby's first baseball game


this weekend we visited some friends from college in phoenix.  this meant fun times with old friends, as well as a chance to take our 2 month old daughter to her first baseball game.  it also meant that i crossed another ballpark off my lifetime ballpark quest (see my full list right here).

the hometown diamondbacks beat the hated yankees 10-4.  the evil empire gave up 5 runs in the first inning!  needless to say, i need to go to more yankee games with my girl.

fun times, but it is good to be back home after a long weekend away.

9 comments:

Leif Hagen said...

Congrats on a beautiful daughter! I remember the time well with our daughters each in the "Baby Bjorn" carrier! Now our 3 daughters are 10, 7, 4 years old. Call me when you want to join the "3 daughters Club!"

ben wideman said...

I can't imagine what that's like! We're still trying to figure out how we're going to manage when we get back to school/work.

She was great when we were walking around with her in the carrier, but at our seats it was very noisy due to the Yankees getting beaten so badly!

JustinM said...

One of my best friends had a baby girl in October. I ask him "How old do you think Lucy will be before she sees the Dodgers beat the Angels?"

(Of course, I realized I probably just jinxed it and the Dodgers will win tonight.)

ben wideman said...

Oh my, lets hope so! It is a shame what the Dodgers have looked like lately!

Petrea Burchard said...

Obviously, the little one is a total fan freak for baseball.

ben wideman said...

What you can't see is her tiny Blue Jays onesie :) She's a fan, she just doesn't know it yet.

E. Phantzi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ben wideman said...

From E. Phantzi...

"This blog needs more (baby) pictures!!"


Good point Elizabeth. Because it is such a publicly visible blog, I go back and forth about how much to publicize or use her image or her name. For now I'm refraining from using it.

ben wideman said...

And friends who are looking for more pictures of her can always find them on our facebook accounts :)