Friday, May 14, 2010

a tasty skywatch friday


the other day while sitting in class, i got a text message from a friend that said simply...

"dumpling truck on oakland"

i was thrilled. you see, oakland cuts down through fuller's campus, and it was getting close to dinner time. while pasadena boasts a growing number of food trucks, for some reason, few venture to fuller seminary (maybe seminary students are too poor for the gourmet food truck revolution?).

so after class, i headed over to check out the dumpling station food truck. dumplings come with a variety of fillings and can be ordered steamed, pan fried, or deep fried. in addition to dumplings, the truck offers a variety of other side dishes including garlic wasabi fries (i'm still mad i didn't try those). i ordered the beef kimchi dumplings and the pork sage dumplings - both pan fried. they were excellent! the food was ready quickly, and the service was very friendly.


it seemed like they were getting a decent amount of business from the fuller crowd. i hope this is a sign of things to come!

more skywatch friday can be found right here.

6 comments:

Irina Netchaev said...

Ben,

These dumplings look amazing! Never saw the dumpling truck around Pasadena before, but I'll be on the look out.

ben wideman said...

as with all of the other food trucks, the use twitter to give out their daily location. it is worth checking out if you see them around town!

pasadenapio said...

I've seen the truck on the move a couple of times but have never seen it stopped. One of these days...

Kat said...

I ran into the truck a little more than a month ago on S. Euclid, and pulled over and stood for about 45 minutes to get dumplings for me and my husband. They were awesome... and then I've never seen this illusive truck again.

I kind of like it that way. :)

ben wideman said...

That's awesome, Kat. It didn't take me quite that long - I think I only waited about 10 minutes after I placed my order.

Kcalpesh said...

Nice colors! Great shot!

Pixellicious Photos