Thursday, April 16, 2009

photo request #21: new neighborhoods


last thursday, both petrea and cafe suggested i head out and find some neighborhoods that i don't spend much time in.

george's market is located off the main drag in pasadena, and caters to the neighborhood around it. inside you are greeted warmly with friendly and personal staff, and hey - they have quality meats, right? i love places like this. unaffiliated with a national chain, family owned and operated, and fewer and fewer of them exist today.

thanks for the suggestions - keep them coming!

8 comments:

Amanda Mae said...

Hey, this is our neighborhood! Good 'ol George's ... when ever we need an onion quick, this is where we go.

Cafe Pasadena said...

I've seen that b4, but where??

Oh yeah, in Amanda Mae's area!!

You caught it at a good angle - great timing, bw!

ben wideman said...

It is located along Villa. I can't remember the cross streets, but it's east of Lake.

sjan said...

It's on Wilson and Villa. My mother and I used to go there often when I was a toddler, and every time I'd go straight to the back, on the left, and get a big glass bottle of soda. That building looks the same as it did in 1970; love those old buildings.

ben wideman said...

I knew someone would help me up. Thanks for the insight sjan.

Clare Scott said...

George is Brian & Megan Shope's landlord. Their place is on the other side of the street, towards Lake. Not sure that it's a photogenic as the store though.

Petrea Burchard said...

You scooped me! I've been meaning to try it. Did you buy any meat?

ben wideman said...

Clare, I didn't realize that is close to the Shope family.

Petrea, sadly I did not buy any meat... maybe next time!