Thursday, October 07, 2010

bonus thursday blog post!



i've been inspired by this contest to share my thoughts with you (as if you had a choice) on my favorite beer and cheese pairing.  and so, in honor of los angeles beer week (which starts today) here it goes...


i might be stepping outside the boundaries of the contest, but my ideal beer and cheese pairing is my favorite beer - ballast point brewing company's sculpin ipa - with my favorite food - a freshly grilled burger topped with bacon and some good extra sharp canadian cheddar cheese from quebec.

oh i know - beer fans out there will complain "you're picking a double ipa?!?", which is all together too trendy right now.  cheese fans will say, "cheddar?  what, are you 5 years old?".  And those who created this competition will probably say - "this is a beer and cheese pairing, not a beer and burger pairing!"

it is a taste of childhood (the burger) combined with a much more recent love (the well-hopped california ipa) and you know what?  nothing in the world compares to these two tastes - the amazingly bitter citrus brightness of the beer and the sharp salty flavor of the cheese.  it is a match made in heaven!

4 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

My favorite beer would be a pint of Guinness or a cold Leffe.

lizziviggi said...

Ooh, I'm drawn to any shot with all that beautiful beer! For my part, I love our local Boundary Bay Scotch Ale paired with... well, with anything! But smoked gouda and roasted garlic on a nutty whole wheat sounds really good.

Administrator said...

any CZECH beer...they are the best in the world! and ofcourse good photo. visit my blog! http://novi-sad-daily.blogspot.com/

ben wideman said...

Glad you all enjoy!!