Thursday, June 30, 2011

hutch's barbq



on the recommendation of a local food blogger who claims that this place has the best burger in pasadena, i finally visited this place.  and i'm happy to say that they do have a very tasty burger.

it is a shame it took me almost four years to venture to a restaurant almost right next to the place i go to school, but that is how things go (and the lack of a good reputation among my close friends may have played a role).  i may never go back for anything but the burger, but i'm happy i finally took the plunge.

4 comments:

JustinM said...

Nice, Ben. But remember - I usually add that I know it's not the best burger in Pasadena, it's just my favorite burger in the world. If not for my long history with the place, I doubt I would feel the same.

And definitely don't get anything besides the burger; I've tried the pulled pork and jerk chicken and was nothing but disappointed.

pasadenapio said...

For years Hutch's has has been a mighty symbol of diehard mom-and-pop-ism in an entire block of modern redevelopment. I used to go there more often, but since they got a new chef who added the Jamaican fare to the beloved BBQ menu, it's not quite the same.

Petrea Burchard said...

Burger it is. I'll give it a shot. I've been meaning to go there for as long as you have, maybe even longer.

TheChieftess said...

I've always wondered about this one too! Too bad the BarBQ faire isn't as good as the burger...