Sunday, February 01, 2009

february theme day: paths and passages


i know, it's super bowl sunday and i shouldn't be posting about baseball. but baseball is my first love, and the first day of february means we are only two weeks away from pitchers and catchers reporting to spring training!

for those of you who are unsure of how this photo relates to today's theme day, jackie robinson (who grew up in pasadena, ca) created paths and passages by breaking the color barrier in baseball. the image today is of a plaque located inside the jackie robinson community center and is part of a larger exhibit of memorabilia.

also, february is black history month - what is more fitting than today's post?

Click here to view thumbnails for all participants

6 comments:

Jilly said...

Perfect choice for today not that I know a thing about baseball.

Laurie Allee said...

Beautiful choice, Ben.

ben wideman said...

Thanks you two!

Tash said...

This is THE best theme day entry - you hit it right on! I recently learned about Jackie Robinson in the Insider's Guide of Hometown Pasadena.
I tried looking for the building you posted the other day in my Architecture of LA book and on google with no luck. I'm going back now to see if anyone responded.

Anonymous said...

I like how you thought outside the square with this! We're a rugby nation by tradition but I think sailing isn't to far behind!

Petrea Burchard said...

Nice choice for the theme.