Tuesday, February 17, 2009

it's raining, it's pouring


i don't get very inspired to go take pictures when it is raining. usually in pasadena i don't have that excuse, but lately we've had quite a bit of rain - like maybe more rain than we've had the entire year and a half we've lived in southern california.

it appears that some of my blogging neighbors are also feeling a little wet. case in point here, here, here, and here.

you may recognize this view - it's another shot of the perspective we get from our balcony.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I like it when you photogs actually catch the rain as it falls.

Pasadena Adjacent said...

I'm stuck over at Pasadena Adjacent

This is my favorite photograph of yours. I think the last time I said that was when you posted a photograph of an abandoned shopping cart. I like this one better.

ben wideman said...

Thanks AH!

Palm, coming from you that is a great compliment!

Laurie Allee said...

I remember that shopping cart pic, too. I love it.

This is a great representation of how the latest storms have soaked us. Great capture, Ben!

pasadenapio said...

Looks like a couple of Dr. Seuss characters peering over the rooftop!

ben wideman said...

Laurie, I was surprised looking through my blogroll that you and Petrea haven't really posted any rain pics yet!

PIO - I hadn't thought about that, but you are exactly right.

Tim and Deb said...

love this shot. looks more like Miami than LA.

Tash said...

Fantastic shot! the rain, the different shades of gray of the trees/palms - this is really, really well photographed.