Wednesday, July 28, 2010

a new blog


in 2006 i made the pilgrimage to baseball's hall of fame.  it certainly was one of the most enjoyable baseball experiences of my life.  we spent the day browsing the incredible exhibits, ate lunch at a baseball themed restaurant, wandered through the streets of cooperstown, and visited cooperstown brewing company to end the day.

the above photo is one of the many that i took that day.  it shows the five original inductees into baseball's hall of fame - all legends in the minds of baseball historians and fans.  since then, the hall has inducted only the biggest stars into its midst.  each year only one or two get in.

i recently decided that i would try and obtain an autograph from every living member of the hall of fame (there are currently 67).  my goal is to obtain these autographs either in person, or through the mail.  to document this process, i started a new blog. 

those interested, can check it out right here.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

What a cool idea! Good luck!

ben wideman said...

Thanks! We'll see how it all shakes down. I may end up being far away from the ultimate goal.

JustinM said...

Ben, I'm 90 miles from Cooperstown as I type these words. I'm here for a wedding so I have lots to do, and I'm not sure I will be able to make it to the HOF, but I'm going to go if I can.

I will give you my card with Rance Mulliniks' autograph. (Although, now that I think about it, he may not actually be in the Hall.)

Steve Scauzillo said...

Ben, love it! Very ambitious. I've been to Cooperstown twice. When I was 7 with my dad, and when my oldest son was 7 (and my other son was 5) I took them. I have a picture of them standing in front of Mickey Mantle (Joe DiMaggio's) locker, just like I did when I was 7.