Tuesday, July 06, 2010

wurstküche

tucked in to the arts district is a restaurant that specializes in gourmet sausages and belgian and german beer.  sounds heavenly, right?  if you can handle the price tag (somewhat pricey for both the beer and sausage), this new eatery is well worth the trip - especially for those of us who recognize a good brat and beer pairing.  each sausage comes with your choice of peppers, onions, and sauerkraut, and can be topped with any of their specialty mustards (five to choose from).

5 comments:

JustinM said...

I found the price tag high but not outrageous for a place in an area known as the "arts district." I mean, what are you gonna do? But the crowds and the stunning number of hipsters - I'm not talking about the kids, but the people who are well into their 4th and 5th decade on this planet and are still wearing neckties as a belt and sunglasses indoors - made it a one-time trip for me. A sausage and fries should necessitate a 90 minute commitment for lunch.

Possibly the best fries I have ever had, though.

ben wideman said...

Yep, i agree. Although we didn't find the crowds to be that big. Our food took a little while longer than I hoped.

Meredith and I totally agree with the sentiment about the fries. Some of the best we've ever sampled!

Rebecca Lynn said...

We totally just ate here for Andrew's birthday a few weeks ago! Delicious! There should be a Wideman/Wright date at Wurstkuche in the future :)

Kelly said...

Ben, I will have to check that place out... looks amazing and I know Brian would jump at the chance for a brat and beer! Thanks!

ben wideman said...

Totally agree, Becca.

Kelly, you two would enjoy, I'm sure!