Friday, April 24, 2009

epic ride, part 4


as proud as we are to say that we completed the epic ride, i'm guessing that's the last time we attempt a ride like this again. oh sure, i may find myself doing something similar, but this was one for the books. a ride that at times made me think "this is the coolest thing i've ever done!", and at other times made me think "i can't believe how stupid this is". which i'm going to assume is a sign of a great day.

you can find more sky watch friday photos from all over the world by checking out the website right here.

8 comments:

Jean Spitzer said...

"I can't believe how stupid this is" coupled with "how cool" are the sign of a great day--if you live through it. Congratulations!

ben wideman said...

Ha ha, good point.

Anonymous said...

Your adventure reminds me of something I did in my early 20's. It was a horseback riding competition called the San Gorgonio Endurance ride. 30 miles up to the peak of San Gorgonio and down (San Bernadino mountains). We came in dead last. Not an unusual outcome in most of my athletic attempts. It was semi humiliating but also great fun.

ben wideman said...

What a great story PA. Too funny!

storyteller said...

Best wishes on your adventure! I'm reminded of an 'epic' ride I took in my mid-50s from Huntington Beach to San Diego.
Hugs and blessings,

Barb said...

Hi Ben,
When I turned 60, I road biked from CO to CA (San Fran). I felt the same way you do - a lot of suffering but the stories I got out of it were epic! (I'll soon be 65 - still biking!)
Loved the blue mountains behind you.

ben wideman said...

storyteller and Barb - it is so encouraging to know that I'll be able to ride my bike well beyond my 26th year.

Thanks for the comments!

prkl said...

few thousand miles bicycled myself but never in such a great scenery. great selfportrait, love the canadianshirt also. happy SWF!