Tuesday, April 14, 2009

photo request #20: the auditorium of the city of pasadena


i can't believe it has taken me almost two years to post a picture of this building. it's probably because it has had a big construction fence around it for almost as long as we've lived here. it is a part of pasadena's newly renovated convention center complex, and it is quite an impressive building.

oh, and in case you're keeping score at home, this counts as a photo request because it is listed on this wonderful list of pasadena's historic sites that our wonderful information officer, ann erdman, passed on to me as suggestions.

edit - my wife also suggested that my blog needed a photo of this building.

5 comments:

Laurie Allee said...

Wow, I didn't realize the fence was down! Cool shot, Ben.

Anonymous said...

Your wife also suggested it to you as a good photo op...

ben wideman said...

Very true - thanks for pointing that out "Anonymous" :)

Hilda said...

Very impressive building. It looks almost Asian because of those pointy details on the roof. And are those arches over the regular windows stained glass?

'Anonymous' sure sounds like me with my husband… ;)

ben wideman said...

Good eyes Hilda - I think they just might be.