Wednesday, April 15, 2009

success! images of pasadena in tile


several months ago i attempted to take a picture of these two beautiful mosaic tile scenes. it's a long story, which you can read all about on this post - if you have some time, go over and check out the whole story. armed with a copy of the photographers rights, i ventured over and a few days ago i succeeded in capturing these illusive images. up top you can see our beautiful city hall, and below, you can see a part of the castle green. beautiful, right? i have no idea why it was so hard to get this done, and i'm happy that i was finally able to showcase this beautiful corner of pasadena.

4 comments:

Laurie Allee said...

You go, rebel Ben! I a can't help but think that original security guard is wandering the streets looking for you!

Cindy said...

Congratulations on getting your shot. I went and read the saga - fascinating story!

The mosaics are really interesting! I'll have to take a walk on by next time I'm walking to Vroman's.

ben wideman said...

Laurie, I'll watch my back!

Cindy, you really do need to go check them out.

Petrea Burchard said...

You go, Ben! I'm loving it.

I think that one guy must be gone. It was his pleasure to watch for us. Or maybe not. Maybe you've just hoodwinked him. I prefer to think that.