Friday, April 03, 2009

pasadena from the south


i snagged this shot from the water tower hill in south pasadena while out on a recent bike ride. i like that you can see both the colorado street bridge, and the vista del arroyo hotel (both subjects will be featured in tomorrow's post).

the haze hanging in the sky is perfectly typical of southern california. part marine layer, part los angeles smog - it really makes picture taking a difficult task at times.

more sky watch friday photos can be found here.

13 comments:

Jessica said...

This photo has a lot going on...I love the bridge and the contrast between the foreground and the background...great shot!

Bryan said...

Haze can be quite the obstacle, but you captured this scene quite well.

Island Style said...

Oh..Pasadena. I'm from W. Covina- (probably mentioned that before)Now I know where I can come to visit home! Happy Skywatch- Nice shot here-

Cafe Pasadena said...

Amazing shot, bw!

Laurie Allee said...

(waving at you from below!)

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Great shot, thanks.

Linnea said...

That's very nice. I like how the scene fades off into the distance. I think the haziness works! Interesting bridge too. Looks like you had fine weather for bike riding. Enjoy the skies...hi from your "northern" neighbor!

ben wideman said...

A big thank you to everyone for the compliment!

Laurie, I think I see you down there. Sorry for invading your territory!!!

Linnea, I hope your weather has been okay lately.

Naturegirl said...

Wonderful shot taken in your word..too bad about the smog.We all have it and must reduce!

Barb said...

Well, you must have been on a mountain bike - pretty rugged countryside there! I enlarged the photo and the detail is wonderful.

ben wideman said...

Nope, out on my road bike! This image isn't very indicative of how urban this area is. Loads of roads.

Petrea Burchard said...

This is a beauty, Ben!

kesslerdee said...

Very nice shot- I love the varying shades of green.